Logos By The Sea

Logos By The Sea

Wednesday 6 February 2019

And the Bees, They Came ~ A Sabbath Breathing


In the stillness I closed my eyes
My mind caught hold of the moment
And I was transported in time and place to the edge of the pond

In the midst of softly speaking willow trees and bulrush sentinels
I beheld a Sabbath breathing
All around me God’s creations breathing witness into one another

All of creation was gathered in a communion of breath
Inhaling…exhaling  
An understanding of breath as an offering ~ as sacred, and Godly


~

In an act of communion, I opened myself to the blessing of breathy worship
Raising my arms and palms outward in this experience of the Holy
Offering trust ~ Seeking balance

And the bees, they came
Breathing Sabbath

Landing softly and tenderly as though to reassure
That I need not fear the weight of this untamed Sabbath liturgy

In the Breath of God we can carry the fullness of one another


Then softly and tenderly the little humming creatures 
While making new comb upon my outstretched palms
Led all of us pond-side parishioners in Psalm 148



“Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for God commanded and they were created.

God established them forever and ever;


















No comments:

Post a Comment